In NightShade nothing is as it seems . . .
Eleri Eames didn’t think she’d ever be allowed to work for the FBI again, so the special FBI division of NightShade seems like an amazing opportunity. But all too soon, her chance to start over starts to disturb her.
When the FBI offers Donovan a chance to leave his job as a medical examiner and try his hand at something new, he takes a chance on the NightShade division. Somehow, he has to try to escape from his shadows, but can he trust Eleri with the truth?
Thrown together on their first case, Eleri and Donovan must deal with a charismatic cult leader and his true-believers. The cult is mixed up with several decade-old kidnapping cases and the missing daughter of a prominent FBI Agent. As Eleri and Donovan dig deeper, they discover that NightShade’s mysteries aren’t coincidence.
Their secrets will save them . . . or destroy them.
Cults, intrigue, kidnapping, and mystery...all elements of a good book. Eleri has a second chance to work for the FBI. Donovan, the other main character, has his own secrets to hide. The two must work together and find a way to trust each other despite several warning signs. The book begins with a bang and the reader will find it easy to keep turning the pages. Eleri was a fun character to get to know. She was smart, agile, and quirky. I could see her being fun to know in real life. Donovan was a little harder to get to know. He was more stand-offish and had an air of mystery about him. The part I enjoyed the most was when the author delved into the procedural aspects of the FBI division. This book is recommended to adult readers.
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.
COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (372)
- All The Rage: Q&A and Giveaway!
- This Summer Read The Stars!
- Chaos by Jamie Shaw Cover Reveal!
- A Seal's Pleasure Release Blitz!
- 20 Book Giveaway (Young Adult/Adult 2015 ARCs)
- Dark Debt by Chloe Neill
- Where They Found Her by Kimberly McCreight
- #SexySeals Facebook Party (with giveaways!)
- Ever After at Sweetheart Ranch: Quiz!
- Discounted Book Series!
- Eternal Sacrifice Book Cover: Reveal and Giveaway!...
- Giveaway: A Pocket Star Ebook Kentucky Derb-E Trea...
- Fields of Elysium: Free Promo!
- Throne of Darkness by Douglas Nicholas: Review and...
- Under Dark Skies by AJ Scudiere
- The Midnight Witch: Deleted Scene!
- Audible LoveFest!
- Cover Reveal for Easy Target!
- Loving Dallas: Guest Post and Giveaway!
- Game On by Gabra Zackman: Feature!
- Black Scorpion by Jon Land: Excerpt, Interview, an...
- Spellbinder Cover Reveal!
- Fool For Books Giveaway Hop!
- ▼ April (23)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (818)