Search This Blog

Dark Debt by Chloe Neill

Monday, April 27, 2015

A vampire never gets old. But neither do his enemies. When a figure from Ethan's dark past makes a splashy debut in Chicago, Merit and her Master don't know whether he's friend or foe. But they'll have to figure out soon, because trouble is brewing in the Windy City.

At an exclusive society soiree attended by the upper echelons of the human and supernatural worlds, Merit and Ethan barely stop the assassination of a guest. When the target turns out to be a shady businessman with a criminal edge, Merit suspects a human vendetta. But the assassins have fangs....

The connections to Chicago's Houses go deeper than Merit knows, and even one wrong move could be her last....

Goodreads Summary

This is the eleventh book in the Chicagoland Vampires series!  The reader will once again meet Merit as she uncovers mysteries and fights the bad guys.  She is the perfect example of the strong female lead. Intelligent, cunning, and witty, she is easy to root for during the novel.  The reader will meet a few interesting new characters and reignite friendships with some old characters.  

I loved the pace of the novel.  It was easy to continuously turn the pages and never feel like the book lagged or became boring in certain areas.  Merit had a great sense of humor about certain events in the book and I loved how there were scenes with just her and Mallory.  The reader also gets to see Merit's romance grow and flourish.  Overall, this book is recommended to young adult/adult readers.

3 1/ Stars

This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews. COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ

4 comments:

  1. Katiria said...:

    I heard nothing but great reviews about this series and it certainly has peeked my intrest for a long while now.

  1. I have always been curious about this series, but I don't know if I have such a huge series in me at the moment. Maybe, when all of the books are finally released, I might start reading them. They do sound good, and the if the chick in the story is as much of a badass as the chick on the cover, I think I would like her!

  1. Maria D. said...:

    Thank you for the honest review

  1. Betul E. said...:

    Love this series, I still need to read the last three books (I am so behind, been neglecting my PNR/urban fantasy series)