Dancing from the Shadows D'Ann Renner
Posted by Kierra at 12:58 PM Saturday, August 31, 2013
Tori, haunted by the verse “From those to whom much is given, much is required,” turns her back on a successful career so she and her husband Phillip can adopt two “normal” third world children.
Her 5 year old daughter Lydia is sugar-coated dynamite. Her son Gabriel is adorable, but quirky – there’s something not quite normal about him. Tori is horrified to find God has given her beloved son special needs – the one thing she told Him she couldn’t handle.
Gabe’s autism leaves Tori depressed, obsessed with helping her son and angry with God. As she struggles with Gabe’s disability, Tori’s world begins to unravel. Her church rejects them, her daughter Lydia’s resentment of her brother escalates and the school system starts playing mind games.
Will God intervene before combat-level stress, the murder/suicide of a friend and a sultry executive’s pursuit of Phillip destroy Tori’s life?
The St. John family adopted two children from Bulgaria; a boy and girl. Upon learning that
Gabe, the boy, is autistic, the family’s life changes forever. Anyone who interacts with special needs kids
should read this book. Each time I reread a section or skim a chapter, I capture more.
I did not expect Dancing from the Shadows to be such an accurate portrayal of life with children
who have special needs. Every character is lifelike and relatable; I hope to be more like Tori, the mom.
Tori is fierce, smart, and an excellent mother, overall. D’Ann Renner’s novel is excellent and I am certain I will pick up more of her books!
5 out of 5 stars
"Reviewed by Kristin"
Find this book:
Barnes and Nobles
The Book Depository
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (371)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- Dancing from the Shadows D'Ann Renner
- The Golden Age of Death by Amber Benson
- The Ghosting of Gods by Cricket Baker
- Waiting in Wonder by Catherine Claire Larson
- Eliza's Forever Trees by Stephanie Lisa Tara
- Awakening by Karen Sandler
- Guest Post by Holly Webb
- Guest Post by author Patty Blount!
- Win Counting by 7s!
- Give Yourself a Raise by Gordon Bennett Bleil
- Q & A and GIVEAWAY with Caprice Crane: Confessions...
- Working It Out Book Blast!
- Trust In Me Cover Reveal and Awesome Giveaway!
- How to enter a Rafflecopter properly - Great tips;...
- PersunMall Giveaway!
- Memory's Door by James L Rubart
- Beginning of Everything-Inspirational Quotes!
- Cover of Darkness: Spotlight and Giveaway!
- ▼ August (18)
- ► 2012 (816)