Search This Blog

Die For Me: Amy Plum

Monday, May 23, 2011
Good Reads Summary: 
My life had always been blissfully, wonderfully normal. But it only took one moment to change everything.
Suddenly, my sister, Georgia, and I were orphans. We put our lives into storage and moved to Paris to live with my grandparents. And I knew my shattered heart, my shattered life, would never feel normal again. Then I met Vincent.
Mysterious, sexy, and unnervingly charming, Vincent Delacroix appeared out of nowhere and swept me off my feet. Just like that, I was in danger of losing my heart all over again. But I was ready to let it happen.
Of course, nothing is ever that easy. Because Vincent is no normal human. He has a terrifying destiny, one that puts his life at risk every day. He also has enemies . . . immortal, murderous enemies who are determined to destroy him and all of his kind.
While I'm fighting to piece together the remnants of my life, can I risk putting my heart—as well as my life and my family's—in jeopardy for a chance at love?


This novel is terrific and cannot be recommend enough.  The main character is compassionate and caring, struck low by an accident resulting in her parents' death.  The romance interest, Vincent, is sweet and endearing; he is shockingly perfect for a guy, possibly the only thing iffy about the whole novel.  The plot is terrific, the idea of revenants is not a common one and most readers will never find another book on the subject.  The setting is Paris, France and the author describes Paris beautifully.  There is no lack of exquisite detail in the novel.  The events are fairly quick and the reader will be pleasantly surprised by some of them while shocked and rooting for the characters about the others.  The supporting characters play their roles perfectly and efficiently, highlighting the main characters.  The excitement is tangible, the environment allows the reader to picture him/herself there, the characters become his/her friends and confidantes, etc...  This novel is a love story against all odds, combined with action, drama, intrigue, and mystery.  Cannot highly recommend the novel enough to young adults/teens/adults who enjoy an amazing book (especially being her first).  Keep writing Amy Plum!!!

4 comments:

  1. Meredith said...:

    Hey Krystal! You won a giveaway over at my blog! Congratulations!

    http://janeaustenreviews.blogspot.com/2011/05/winner-of-truth-about-mr-darcy-giveaway.html

  1. Natalie said...:

    I definitely agree with you about the mythology and setting, but I personally had a few issues with the characters. That's just my opinion though. Glad to hear you enjoyed it!

  1. Susan T. said...:

    A mysterious man and Paris? I'm sold!

  1. To this day, this series is one of my favorites, and regardless of hearing that several people disliked the ending, I loved every minute of it! I would love for Amy Plum to write a spin-off series!!