Annie Phillips is thrilled to leave her past behind and begin a shiny new life on Belvedere Island, as a nanny for the picture-perfect Cohen family. In no time at all, she falls in love with the Cohens - especially with Libby, the beautiful young matriarch of the family. Life is better than she ever imagined. She even finds romance with the boy next door.
All too soon cracks appear in Annie's seemingly perfect world. She's blamed for mistakes she doesn't remember making. Her bedroom door comes unhinged, and she feels like she's always being watched. Libby, who once felt like a big sister, is suddenly cold and unforgiving. As she struggles to keep up with the demands of her new life, Annie's fear gives way to frightening hallucinations. Is she tumbling into madness or is something sinister at play?
THE RUINING is a complex ride through first love, chilling manipulation, and the terrifying depths of insanity.
I loved every aspect of this novel. The main character, Annie, has had a difficult like growing up in Detroit. She wants to reinvent herself and start anew with a young family and two children. She acts as the nanny and also attends the local college. Her room and board is covered as long as she nannies for the children (though the mother mainly only allows her to nanny the older child). It seems like a dream come true, but is it only an illusion?
The longer Annie is there, the stranger things get. Libby insists on calling her Nanny instead of her name though she denies it when Annie asks her why. Libby seems to recreate trauma Annie experienced in her past. The whole family is strange. There is a difference between "private" and paranoid. The ending was as satisfying as I expected. I loved how Owen, the love interest, stepped up and cared about Annie's safety despite several of her cutting remarks. Annie's caring and compassion for Zoe was apparent; she really cared about her little charge. The author created an atmosphere of tension and suspicion that remained throughout the novel. I can't recommend this book enough.
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.
COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- Dogs and Their People Giveaway!
- Judith McNaught 14 Ebook Giveaway and Promo!
- Rachel by Caroline Clemmons: Promo and Giveaway!
- The Blockade by Jean Johnson: Giveaway and Promo!
- Saint's Row by Elizabeth Blair: Promo!
- Spooktacular Giveaway Hop 2016!
- Lead with Your Heart . . . Lessons from a Life wit...
- Bound by Blood and Sand by Becky Allen
- Books I'm Excited For This Fall!
- An Import of Intrigue by Marshall Ryan Maresca: Pr...
- Love Our Vets: Restoring Hope for Families of Vete...
- We Are Not Tornadoes by Michael Kun and Susan Mull...
- The 10 Myths of Teen Dating: Truths Your Daughter ...
- A Date at the Altar by Cathy Maxwell: Promo!
- Kiss Cam by Kiara London
- Unblemished by Sara Ella
- Midnight Hour by C.C. Hunter
- Fear the Drowning Deep by Sarah Glenn Marsh
- Unscripted Joss Byrd by Lydia Day Penaflor
- THESE SHALLOW GRAVES and UNFORGIVEN Now in Paperba...
- Trouble at Plantasy Land by Vicki Marquez: Q&A and...
- Metaltown by Kristen Simmons
- 101 Books to Read Before You Grow Up by Bianca Sch...
- The Immortal Throne by Bree Despain
- A Wedding for Christmas by Lori Wilde
- Black Jade by Kylie Chan
- The Best Possible Answer by E. Katharine Kottaras
- An Amish Family Christmas by Shelley Shepard Gray
- Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion
- Just Fine With Caroline by Annie England Noblin
- For This We Are Soldiers by Carla Kelly
- My Pancakes Taste Different Today! by Heather Wood...
- Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas
- For Sale by Owner by Marlene Batemen: Guest Post a...
- Christmas in Paris by Anita Hughes
- Redemption by Anne Osterlund: Character Interview ...
- The Turncoat's Gambit by Andrea Cremer
- Missy Piggle-Wiggle and the Whatever Cure by Ann M...
- The Ruining by Anna Collamore
- Beast by Brie Spangler
- Just Juliet by Charlotte Reagan
- Download Your Free How-To Guide for Bring Your Bib...
- Red Queen by Christina Henry
- Accidentally Me by Kim Karras
- The Second Season by Heather Chapman
- The Cruelty by S. Bergstrom
- The BFG by Roald Dahl
- The Real Liddy James by Anne-Marie Casey
- ▼ October (48)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (816)