Dead of Winter by Kresley Cole (Arcana Novels)
Posted by Krystal Larson at 8:57 PM Sunday, September 18, 2016
Can Evie convince her rival loves to work together? Their survival depends on it in this third book of #1 New York Timesbestselling author Kresley Cole’s Arcana Chronicles, a nonstop action tale of rescue, redemption, and a revenge most wicked.
Evie was almost seduced by the life of comfort that Death offered her—until Jack was threatened by two of the most horrific Arcana, the Lovers. She will do anything to save him, even escape Death’s uncanny prison, full of beautiful objects, material comforts…and stolen glances from a former love.
Despite leaving a part of her heart behind with Death, Evie sets out into a perilous post-apocalyptic wasteland to meet up with her allies and launch an attack on the Lovers. Such formidable enemies require a battle plan, and the only way to kill them may mean Evie, Jack, and Death allying. Evie doesn’t know what will prove more impossible: surviving slavers, plague, Bagmen and other Arcana—or convincing Jack and Death to work together.
Two heroes returned
There’s a thin line between love and hate, and Evie just doesn’t know where she stands with either Jack or Death. Will this unlikely trio be able to defeat The Lovers without killing one another first...?
I love this book. Evie is such a dynamic character. She is discovering more about her past (learning that she was more or less a sociopath at one point) and diving deeper into the relationships she has with Jack and Death (Aric). It's fascinating to think that Death was in love with Evie for all those years. That backstory could have made up a few more books (prequels). The plot consisted of trying to defeat the Lovers (incestuous twins) and further developing the relationships between the characters.
The Arcana is such an interesting and fascinating idea. I love the idea of teens bestowed with individual powers fighting to the death (not the death part, but the other parts are cool!). The descriptions of who is who at the beginning of the book add to the level of intrigue. I wished there was not a love triangle. Ideally, those do not exist though they are prevalent in young adult books. I never knew who I wanted Evie to end up with (as if it was even up to me). The plot was super fast-paced. I finished the book ahead of this one in less than a day. My whole family has found it a fun read! There were so many interesting twists and a few things occurred that I would never have guessed would happen. I can't wait for the next in the series!
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews. COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- Love You Dead by Peter James: Giveaway and Promo!
- Take the Bible Challenge with Odyssey Adventure Cl...
- Ungodly by Kendare Blake
- Exciting News from Avon Books!
- Holding Up the Universe by Jennifer Niven
- Endless Knight by Kresley Cole
- Return to the Dark House by Laurie Faria Stolarz
- A World Without You by Beth Revis
- In-Between Days by Vikki Wakefield
- Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco
- One Was Lost by Natalie D. Richards: Excerpt and G...
- Kiss Cam by Kiara London
- Gemina by Aimee Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
- How to Be You: Stop Trying to Be Someone Else and ...
- The Perks of Loving a Scoundrel by Jennifer McQuis...
- How To Make Out by Brianna Shrum
- Dead of Winter by Kresley Cole (Arcana Novels)
- 738 Days by Stacey Kade
- Ella's Will by Jessilyn Stewart Peaslee
- Invincible by Amy Reed
- Shuffle, Repeat by Jen Klein
- Karolina's Twins by Ronald H. Balson
- November 9 by Colleen Hoover
- The Storm by Virginia Bergin: Excerpt and Giveaway...
- Creed by Trisha Leaver and Lindsay Currie
- The Cat King of Havana by Tom Crosshill: Review an...
- Immortal Nights by Lynsay Sands
- The Swan Riders by Erin Bow
- The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon
- Flawed by Cecilia Ahern
- Diplomatic Immunity by Brodi Ashton
- Scythe by Neal Shusterman
- ▼ September (32)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (816)