Diplomatic Immunity by Brodi Ashton
Posted by Krystal Larson at 8:43 PM Friday, September 2, 2016
Aspiring reporter Piper Baird decides to write a scathing exposé on the overprivileged students at an elite Washington, DC, school, only for her life to change when she begins to fall for the story's main subject, in this new realistic contemporary romance from Brodi Ashton, the author of the Everneath trilogy.
Raucous parties, privileged attitudes, underage drinking, and diplomatic immunity...it’s all part of student life on Embassy Row.
Piper Baird has always dreamed of becoming a journalist. So when she scores a scholarship to exclusive Chiswick Academy in Washington, DC, she knows it’s her big opportunity. Chiswick offers the country’s most competitive prize for teen journalists—the Bennington scholarship—and winning will ensure her acceptance to one of the best schools in the country.
Piper isn’t at Chiswick for two days before she witnesses the intense competition in the journalism program—and the extreme privilege of the young and wealthy elite who attend her school. And Piper knows access to these untouchable students just might give her the edge she’ll need to blow the lid off life at the school in a scathing and unforgettable exposé worthy of the Bennington.
The key to the whole story lies with Rafael Amador, the son of the Spanish ambassador—and the boy at the center of the most explosive secrets and scandals on Embassy Row. Rafael is big trouble—and when he drops into her bedroom window one night, asking for help, it’s Piper’s chance to get the full scoop. But as they spend time together, Piper discovers that despite his dark streak, Rafael is smart, kind, funny, and gorgeous—and she might have real feelings for him. How can she break the story of a lifetime if it could destroy the boy she just might love?
Piper has already picked out her dream job at a young age; she is bound and determined to be a journalist. She gets into a prestigious academy and hopes to realize her dreams. At her new school, there is actually a prize for student journalists. She knows she must win to further her fledgling career. When she meets Rafael, she sees her opportunity; however, the more she gets to know Rafael as a person, the more she thinks over her plan. Will she expose Rafael or will she protect him?
When I first started this book, I saw the ending coming a mile away. I didn't really like Piper's character though she was ok. She was too pushy, snoopy (I realize journalists have to be), and over-bearing for me. I liked Rafael's character better, but his shenanigans leave much to be desired. I thought their budding romance was cute and sweet. I liked how it took time to grow and develop. The book didn't hold my attention the whole time, but I liked the swift writing style of the author. The characters did "learn" something in the end and I always like books with a slight lesson. This was a fun book from an author I enjoy.
3 1/2 Stars
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews. COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- Love You Dead by Peter James: Giveaway and Promo!
- Take the Bible Challenge with Odyssey Adventure Cl...
- Ungodly by Kendare Blake
- Exciting News from Avon Books!
- Holding Up the Universe by Jennifer Niven
- Endless Knight by Kresley Cole
- Return to the Dark House by Laurie Faria Stolarz
- A World Without You by Beth Revis
- In-Between Days by Vikki Wakefield
- Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco
- One Was Lost by Natalie D. Richards: Excerpt and G...
- Kiss Cam by Kiara London
- Gemina by Aimee Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
- How to Be You: Stop Trying to Be Someone Else and ...
- The Perks of Loving a Scoundrel by Jennifer McQuis...
- How To Make Out by Brianna Shrum
- Dead of Winter by Kresley Cole (Arcana Novels)
- 738 Days by Stacey Kade
- Ella's Will by Jessilyn Stewart Peaslee
- Invincible by Amy Reed
- Shuffle, Repeat by Jen Klein
- Karolina's Twins by Ronald H. Balson
- November 9 by Colleen Hoover
- The Storm by Virginia Bergin: Excerpt and Giveaway...
- Creed by Trisha Leaver and Lindsay Currie
- The Cat King of Havana by Tom Crosshill: Review an...
- Immortal Nights by Lynsay Sands
- The Swan Riders by Erin Bow
- The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon
- Flawed by Cecilia Ahern
- Diplomatic Immunity by Brodi Ashton
- Scythe by Neal Shusterman
- ▼ September (32)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (816)