To Have and To Hold by Lauren Layne
Posted by Krystal Larson at 7:11 PM Monday, May 23, 2016
USA TODAY bestselling author Lauren Layne is the “queen of witty dialogue and sexy scenes” (Rachel Van Dyken)! Now, Sex and the City meets The Wedding Planner in The Wedding Belles, her sizzling brand new contemporary romance series about three ambitious wedding planners who can make any bride’s dream come true…but their own.
Discovering her fiancé is an international con man just moments before they exchange vows devastates celebrity wedding planner Brooke Burke’s business—and breaks her heart. Now a pariah in Los Angeles, she seeks a fresh start in New York City and thinks she’s found it with her first bridal client, a sweet—if slightly spoiled—hotel heiress. Then she meets the uptight businessman who’s holding the purse strings.
Seth Tyler wishes he could write a blank check and be done with his sister Maya's fancy-pants wedding. Unfortunately, micromanaging the event is his only chance at proving Maya’s fiancé is a liar. Standing directly in his way is the stunning blonde wedding planner whose practiced smiles and sassy comebacks both irritate and arouse him. He needs Brooke’s help. But can he persuade a wedding planner on a comeback mission to unplan a wedding? And more importantly, how will he convince her that the wedding she should be planning…is theirs?
Finding out that your fiance is a criminal right before your wedding has to be one of the most devastating and shocking moments that someone can experience. This is what Brooke goes through and it tears her apart inside and forces her to reset her life, looking for something new to bring her into a better path in life. This all happens while she is trying to bolster her career as a very successful limelight stricken wedding planner. Along comes Tyler who is involved in another wedding. He wants to tear this wedding apart and wreck Brook's pay for this client, all while falling for Brook at the same time.
In many ways this book is typical of Layne's writing. Its a saucy romance, with a good story where a girl meets a guy, and then there is some problem that throws everything into shambles. It is the way that she carries this out every time in a new and creative way that makes her writing so spectacular. The characters have a lot of great personality and jump out of the page as real people that you could see as a friend or family member. Brook is the right combination of successful business woman combined with fun and playful in all the right ways. I thought Tyler was a very forward an almost arrogant to think that he could pull off his plans of cancelling the wedding and still getting Brook to be his at the same time. You'll have to see how all of it plays out by opening this book.
Reviewed by Chris
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews. COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- The Darkest Torment by Gena Showalter Release Blit...
- Torn by Cynthia Eden: Guest Post and Giveaway!
- The Diabolic by S.J. Kincaid
- The Descendant Prophecies by Mary Ting: Promo and ...
- Heroes of Arcania by Liz Long: Promo and Cover Rev...
- To Have and To Hold by Lauren Layne
- The Season by Jonah Lisa Dyer and Stephen Dyer
- Can You Keep a Secret? by R.L. Stine
- Future Shock by Elizabeth Briggs
- A Young Adult Da Vinci Code!
- Lotus and Thorn by Sara Wilson Etienne
- Summer at Little Beach Street Bakery by Jenny Colg...
- The Problem With Forever by Jennifer Armentrout: P...
- The Last Time We Were Us by Leah Konen
- Sister Dear by Laura McNeill
- Naring of Noe by Danika Dinsmore: Promo and Giveaw...
- The Demonists by Thomas E. Sniegoski
- Red Night by RK Close: Promo
- Future Shock by Elizabeth Briggs
- Whisper to Me by Nick Lake: Review and Giveaway!
- Surviving Alzheimer's: Practical Tips and Soul-Sav...
- Anniversary of Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson ...
- Celebrate Mother's Day with a SWEET Contest from A...
- Red Night by RK Close: Promo and First Chapter Pre...
- Girl About Town by Adam Shankman: Review and Givea...
- A Dream of Miracles by Ruth Reid
- Playing the Game by Shawnte Borris: Promo!
- ▼ May (27)
- ► 2015 (311)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (818)