The Winner's Crime by Marie Rutkoski
Posted by Krystal Larson at 8:22 PM Tuesday, February 17, 2015
Book two of the dazzling Winner's Trilogy is a fight to the death as Kestrel risks betrayal of country for love.
The engagement of Lady Kestrel to Valoria’s crown prince means one celebration after another. But to Kestrel it means living in a cage of her own making. As the wedding approaches, she aches to tell Arin the truth about her engagement…if she could only trust him. Yet can she even trust herself? For—unknown to Arin—Kestrel is becoming a skilled practitioner of deceit: an anonymous spy passing information to Herran, and close to uncovering a shocking secret.
As Arin enlists dangerous allies in the struggle to keep his country’s freedom, he can’t fight the suspicion that Kestrel knows more than she shows. In the end, it might not be a dagger in the dark that cuts him open, but the truth. And when that happens, Kestrel and Arin learn just how much their crimes will cost them.
This book definitely fits into an even darker category than "The Winner's Curse." The decisions made in book one create consequences that the characters must face and deal with in the second book, and things aren't pretty. We will see the characters struggle between following their responsibilities and going with what their hearts want.
If you are looking for romance in this book, I am sorry to say that this book will fail to come through for you. The focus is more on seeking what the characters don't have, their regrets, and the hardships that they are facing. One beautiful aspect of this book is that it will tear at every emotion that you have and leave you feeling everything. You will feel fully invested in the story and not want to leave when its over. All in all, definitely a book to go on the bookshelf and fully enjoy.
Reviewed by Chris
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews. COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (372)
- LOLA MONTEZ- HISTORY’S FIRST “COSMO” WOMAN AND THE...
- Need Me by Tessa Bailey Cover Reveal!
- An Indecent Proposal: Promo and Giveaway!
- Orient by Christopher Bollen
- 99 cent Deal on Hitched by Karpov Kinrade!
- Doctor Death by Lene Kaaberbol: Review and Giveawa...
- Pick Up a Free Ebook!
- The Secrets We Keep by Trisha Leaver
- The Winner's Crime by Marie Rutkoski
- Rebellion by Stephanie Diaz
- Cover Reveal: When Magic Dares by Tera Lynn Childs...
- The Lazarus Game by Stephen J. Valentine
- Deadly Odds by Allen Wyler
- Orkin Bed Bug Feud Game & Giveaway
- Teaching Children about Sex Using the Temple as Yo...
- Teaser by Burt Weissbourd: Promo and Teaser!
- Dinosaur Boy by Cory Putman Oakes: Promo and Givea...
- Eat Your Heart Out 2 Promo and Giveaway!
- The Bargaining by Carly Anne West
- POW patriot passes as his untold story of valor an...
- H.A.L.F.: The Deep Beneath by Natalie Wright: Prom...
- Unremembered Things: Promo and Giveaway!
- Imitation by Heather Hildenbrand: Promo
- Why Men Opt Out of the (Women’s) Fiction World by ...
- Whipped Promo!
- ▼ February (25)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (818)