Rain Reign by Ann M Martin
Posted by Krystal Larson at 12:28 AM Wednesday, September 24, 2014
In her most powerful novel yet, Newbery Honor author Ann M. Martin tells the story of girl with mental/emotional challenges and the dog she loves.
Rose Howard has OCD, Asperger’s syndrome, and an obsession with homonyms (even her name is a homonym). She gave her dog Rain a name with two homonyms (Reign, Rein), which, according to Rose’s rules of homonyms, is very special. Rain was a lost dog Rose’s father brought home. Rose and Rain are practically inseparable. And they are often home alone, as Rose’s father spends most evenings at a bar, and doesn’t have much patience for his special-needs daughter.
Just as a storm hits town, Rain goes missing. Rose’s father shouldn’t have let Rain out. Now Rose has to find her dog, even if it means leaving her routines and safe places to search. Rose will find Rain, but so will Rain’s original owners.
Hearts will break and spirits will soar for this powerful story, brilliantly told from Rose’s point of view.
I really loved this heart-warming story. I thought the novel was beautifully written and touched on an interesting subject-OCD and Asperger's Syndrome. The way Rose acted in the book corresponded to what I know (personally) about OCD and I learned a lot about Asperger's Sydrome. I liked how she had to try to rise above her problems to track down her beloved dog; I am a neuroscience major and I know how difficult that task would be for someone in Rose's position.
It was easy to love Rain and Rose. I grew very attached to them. I liked Rose's relationship to her uncle and how it reminded me of my mom and me. I was rooting for Rose to find Reign the entire novel and enjoyed what Rose had to accomplish in order to find her dog. Overall, this book is recommended to middle grade readers.
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews. COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (372)
- ► 2015 (312)
- Fierce by L.G. Kelso Blog Tour and Giveaway!
- Tabula Rasa: Review and Giveaway!
- Fierce by LG Kelso: Blog Tour and Guest Post!
- Divinity by Michelle L. Johnson: Review and Guest ...
- Rain Reign by Ann M Martin
- Stay With Me: Giveaway and Promo!
- Banned Books Week!
- Horrorstor: Book Trailer!
- Hope After Suicide by Wendy Parmley
- Bible Bands by Katreina Eden
- Compulsion by Martina Boone
- The Red Sheet Blog Tour
- My Year of Epic Rock: Q&A
- Beyond The Pale: Excerpt!
- BOUND TO BE UP ALL NIGHT WITH THROW BACK THURSDAY’...
- Astray by Amy Christine Parker: Q&A and Review!
- A Memory of Violets: Cover Reveal!
- Six Feet Over It by Jennifer Longo: Review and Q&A...
- Sassy and Sexy Romance Party!
- ▼ September (19)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (818)