24-year old Pax Tate is an asshole.
He’s a tattooed, rock-hard bad-boy with a bad attitude to match.
But he’s got his reasons.
His mother died when Pax was seven, leaving a hole in his heart filled with guilt although he doesn’t understand why. What he does know is that he and his dad are left alone and with more issues than they can count.
As Pax grew up, he tried to be the kid his father always wanted; the perfect golden boy, but it didn’t work. His dad couldn’t overcome his grief long enough to notice and Pax couldn’t keep up the impossible perfect façade.
So he slipped far, far from it.
Now, he uses drugs and women to cope with the ugliness, the black void that he doesn’t want to deal with. If he pretends that the emptiness isn’t there, then it isn’t, right?
And it’s never more apparent than when he meets Mila.
Sweet, beautiful Mila Hill is the fresh air to his hardened frown, the beauty to his ugly heart. He doesn’t know how to not hurt her, but he quickly realizes that he’s got to figure it out because he needs her to breathe.
When memories of his mother’s death resurface from where he’s repressed them for so long, Mila is there to catch him when the guilt starts making sense. Mila is the one…the one who can save him from his broken troubled heart; from his issues, from the emptiness.
But only if he can stop being an asshole long enough to allow it.
He knows that. And he’s working on it.
But is that enough to make her stay?
Buy it .99 cents this Monday! Click here to purchase.
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (291)
- ► 2015 (311)
- ► 2014 (408)
- Dark Mission by Karina Cooper Hosts Twitter Chat
- The Big Debate (Literary Loom #1) Book Blast
- Showers of Books Giveaway Hop!
- Fairy Godmothers by Jenniffer Wardell blog tour an...
- MASSIVE Graphic Novel Giveaway - INT
- Rescuing Hope by Susan Norris
- The Trickster's Totem by H.B. Bolton Giveaway and ...
- Unbelievable by Sherry Gammon Excerpt
- The Iron King by Julie Kagawa manga giveaway!
- Moonlit by Jadie Jones Giveaway and Interview
- Blood Awakening by Jamie Manning: Character Interv...
- Excuse Me, My Brains Have Stepped Out Giveaway and...
- No Strings Attached Giveaway Hop!
- Swept Away by Mary Connealy
- Unbreakable by Nancy Mehl
- Pheme the Gossip Blog Hop
- Review and Giveaway: Shattered by Dani Pettrey
- Titanic Giveaway Hop!
- If You Stay by Courtney Cole On Sale Monday
- A Noble Groom by Jody Hedlund
- The Lake House by Marci Nault
- Once Upon a Gypsy Moon by Michael C Hurley
- Elfhunter by C.S. Marks
- Michael Griffo Interview & Giveaway
- ▼ April (24)
- ► 2012 (818)