738 Days by Stacey Kade
Posted by Krystal Larson at 12:03 PM Saturday, September 17, 2016
At fifteen, Amanda Grace was abducted on her way home from school. 738 days later, she escaped. Her 20/20 interview is what everyone remembers—Amanda describing the room where she was kept, the torn poster of TV heartthrob Chase Henry on the wall. It reminded her of home and gave her the strength to keep fighting.
Now, years later, Amanda is struggling to live normally. Her friends have gone on to college, while she battles PTSD. She’s not getting any better, and she fears that if something doesn’t change soon she never will.
Six years ago, Chase Henry defied astronomical odds, won a coveted role on a new TV show, and was elevated to super-stardom. With it, came drugs, alcohol, arrests, and crazy spending sprees. Now he's sober and a Hollywood pariah, washed up at twenty-four.
To revamp his image, Chase’s publicist comes up with a plan: surprise Amanda Grace with the chance to meet her hero, followed by a visit to the set of Chase’s new movie. The meeting is a disaster, but out of mutual desperation, Amanda and Chase strike a deal. What starts as a simple arrangement, though, rapidly becomes more complicated when they realize they need each other in more ways than one. But when the past resurfaces in a new threat, will they stand together or fall apart?
Amanda Grace is hailed as the Miracle Girl. She survived for years being sexually and physically abused by her creepy bus driver. She managed to escape by alerting a worker who had come to the creepy man's house to fix something. Chase Henry has hit rock bottom. Struggling to get his acting career back on track while also struggling with his alcohol addiction, he certainly is the not person Amanda thought of when she tried to mentally escape from her cell. Chase Henry represented a familiar sight to Amanda (he was from a teen T.V. show). When Chase's publicist cooks up a plan to make Chase back into Miracle Girl's Hero...well, we all know things are going to go wrong.
I loved Amanda's character. I do think she fairly accurately represented PTSD; I did wish she would try to be a little more brave. She pushed through her fears to acknowledge her attraction to Chase. Chase was more self-serving in the beginning, but I could tell (and was right) that he was an overall good guy who did not want to use Amanda for his own purposes. The supporting characters fit perfectly into the novel by providing background and pushing the plot along. I loved how the author pulled the book together; she made it looks easy, but I'm sure it took quite a while figuring out how all the pieces would best fit together. The romance was intense and sweet. I loved that the author did not bring in a love triangle and merely focused on Chase and Amanda's relationship.
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews. COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- Love You Dead by Peter James: Giveaway and Promo!
- Take the Bible Challenge with Odyssey Adventure Cl...
- Ungodly by Kendare Blake
- Exciting News from Avon Books!
- Holding Up the Universe by Jennifer Niven
- Endless Knight by Kresley Cole
- Return to the Dark House by Laurie Faria Stolarz
- A World Without You by Beth Revis
- In-Between Days by Vikki Wakefield
- Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco
- One Was Lost by Natalie D. Richards: Excerpt and G...
- Kiss Cam by Kiara London
- Gemina by Aimee Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
- How to Be You: Stop Trying to Be Someone Else and ...
- The Perks of Loving a Scoundrel by Jennifer McQuis...
- How To Make Out by Brianna Shrum
- Dead of Winter by Kresley Cole (Arcana Novels)
- 738 Days by Stacey Kade
- Ella's Will by Jessilyn Stewart Peaslee
- Invincible by Amy Reed
- Shuffle, Repeat by Jen Klein
- Karolina's Twins by Ronald H. Balson
- November 9 by Colleen Hoover
- The Storm by Virginia Bergin: Excerpt and Giveaway...
- Creed by Trisha Leaver and Lindsay Currie
- The Cat King of Havana by Tom Crosshill: Review an...
- Immortal Nights by Lynsay Sands
- The Swan Riders by Erin Bow
- The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon
- Flawed by Cecilia Ahern
- Diplomatic Immunity by Brodi Ashton
- Scythe by Neal Shusterman
- ▼ September (32)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (816)