The Tree of Water by Elizabeth Haydon: Review and Giveaway!
Posted by Krystal Larson at 12:00 AM Monday, November 17, 2014
The epic voyages continue in The Tree of Water, the fourth adventure in bestselling author Elizabeth Haydon’s acclaimed fantasy series for young readers, The Lost Journals of Ven Polypheme.
As Royal Reporter of the land of Serendair, it is the duty of young Charles Magnus "Ven" Polypheme to travel the world and seek out magic hiding in plain sight. But Ven needs to escape the clutches of the nefarious Thief Queen, ruler of the Gated City, whose minions are hunting for him. His friend, the merrow Amariel, has the perfect solution to his dilemma: Ven and Char will join her to explore the world beneath the sea.
As they journey through the sea, Ven finds himself surrounded by wonders greater than he could have ever imagined. But the beauty of the ocean is more than matched by the dangers lurking within its depths, and Ven and his friends soon realize that in order to save thousands of innocent lives, they may have to sacrifice their own. For everything in the ocean needs to eat…
“A delightful epic fantasy that will attract a readership both older and younger than the target audience.” —Booklist (starred review) on The Floating Island
In this fourth book in the series, we dive under the sea into a brand new world and explore another story. I liked the amount of attention the author paid to the setting and plot. I felt like I could really imagine being in this strange magical world. I really enjoyed reading about what was in the sea and the author's take on the creatures.
Ven's character was nicely developed. He'll make a young reader wish that he/she was Ven. He was curious and witty. The other characters added to the plot in different ways and rounded out the story. There were some twists and turns in the book that somewhat surprised me. I had some trouble remembering the names since they were a little unusual. I think this book is aimed at younger audiences and would be most appreciated by middle grade readers.
3 1/2 Stars
Please enter your email address and a comment below for a chance to win a copy of the book featured above (USA)!
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews. COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (291)
- ► 2015 (311)
- Happy Holidays From Pocket Books
- Slack Friday
- We Are The Destroyers by D.K. Linder
- Once Upon An Ever After by Angela N. Blount
- 15 Book Simon & Schuster Giveaway!
- Cover Reveal! Rebound by Noelle August
- Hitched by Karpov Kinrade Release!
- Spell for Sophia: Blog Tour and Promo!
- The Tree of Water by Elizabeth Haydon: Review and ...
- Gratitude Giveaway Hop!
- The Hit List by Nikki Urang: Excerpt and Promo!
- Outbreak… Breakdown: A Forensic/Medical Author’s T...
- Four Fatal Flaws of a Romantic Hero by Jassy De Jo...
- Wild by Sophie Jordan: Blog Tour
- The Lost by Sarah Beth Durst: Interview and Review...
- Exquisite Captive by Heather Demitrios
- Positive by Page Rawl
- Interview with the amazing Sarah Beth Durst!
- Hero by Night: Cover Reveal and Promo!
- Martian Goods and Other Stories by Noelle Campbell...
- ▼ November (21)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (818)