Lailah by Nikki Kelly
Posted by Krystal Larson at 12:25 AM Saturday, August 2, 2014
The girl knows she’s different. She doesn’t age. She has no family. She has visions of a past life, but no clear clues as to what she is, or where she comes from. But there is a face in her dreams – a light that breaks through the darkness. She knows his name is Gabriel.
On her way home from work, the girl encounters an injured stranger whose name is Jonah. Soon, she will understand that Jonah belongs to a generation of Vampires that serve even darker forces. Jonah and the few like him, are fighting with help from an unlikely ally – a rogue Angel, named Gabriel.
In the crossfire between good and evil, love and hate, and life and death, the girl learns her name: Lailah. But when the lines between black and white begin to blur, where in the spectrum will she find her place? And with whom?
Gabriel and Jonah both want to protect her. But Lailah will have to fight her own battle to find out who she truly is.
This is a classic take on heaven versus hell with a more modern twist. Lailah is a girl that is confused on who she is and where she came from and her "angels and demons" are not helping. Gabriel and Jonah are two guys in her life right now trying to get Lailah's attention and she needs to figure out which team she is playing for. It is a great story with many plot twists that will keep you interested and intrigued.
I liked the parallels in this book to biblical story lines with contemporary add-ons. It really kept the book fresh and exciting compared to other "heaven vs. hell" stories out there. Lailah is believable yet still retains her supernatural aura as though she is meant for something more than mere mortal life. I love how she knows that something fishy is going on but needs to retrace her steps piecing the parts back into the puzzle. Gabriel and Jonah add another twist that truly keeps the story interesting and puts a whole new meaning to the good vs bad love triangle we have seen many times before.
*Reviewed by Chris*
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews. COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (365)
- ► 2015 (312)
- Life Of Crime With Jennifer Aniston Giveaway!
- Kiss Me Captain by Gwen Jones: Ebook Release Annou...
- Covering Kendall by Julie Brannagh: Cover Reveal!
- Summer Cleaning Giveaway!
- What Strange Creatures by Emily Arsenault: Review ...
- The Secret Bliss of Calliope Ipswich: Promo and Gi...
- Blood Chimera: Guest Post and Promo!
- Deadly Errors by Allen Wyler: Giveaway!
- The Universe Builders: Bernie and the Putty by Ste...
- Unbreakable by C.C. Hunter Cover Reveal!
- Very Bad Things Q & A with Susan McBride
- 2 Book Giveaway!
- Shark Week Excerpt from Cynthia Sax, Sinful Reward...
- Visions by Kelley Armstrong
- Latitude Zero by Diana Renn
- Season of the Dragonflies by Sarah Creech
- Brutal Youth by Anthony Breznican
- Susan Elizabeth Phillips Quiz
- DAUGHTERS OF THE DRAGON - A Comfort Woman's Story ...
- Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perki...
- The Signature of All Things by Elizabeth Gilbert: ...
- Manroot by Anne Steinberg
- Mortal Danger by Ann Aguirre
- Evidence of Things Not Seen by Lindsey Lane
- Little Author in the Big Woods: A Biography of Lau...
- Trial By Fire by Josephine Angelini
- Feral by Holly Schindler: Trailer!
- Lailah by Nikki Kelly
- Vote for Stay with Me Trailer!
- ▼ August (29)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (818)