Sweet September by Kathleen Bauer
Posted by Krystal Larson at 7:55 PM Thursday, October 10, 2013
Harvest at Heather Creek Farm is an exciting time, but the children don't seem to be getting into the spirit. Charolette sets out to uncover the truth. The family learns about the love that binds them together.
This is a really cute series and a good reads for the Fall. It's always difficult to lose a close relative, but it's even harder to lose a mother. The children are adjusting slowly to living with their grandparents and getting used to farm life. I really liked the family dynamic. I thought that the author(s) captured the concept very well even in a difficult situation. I felt horrible that the children lost their mother, but really loved that their grandparents so clearly cared for them. Even though they didn't all immediately come together as a close family, I could tell that they all would eventually. A mystery helps pull the threads of the family together. The storyline was very sweet and I got to know each of the characters on a personal level.
I really think that this book would be perfect for a rainy car ride or commute. The ending is heartwarming and the characters are well developed. This book is recommended to adult readers.
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (371)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- Al Capone at the Blanche Hotel: Guest Post and Giv...
- Outback Affair by Annie Seaton Book Blast and Give...
- Covet Release Day! (GIVEAWAYS!)
- Altered by Gennifer Albin : Review and Giveaway!
- WHO'S GOING TO ALA MIDWINTER???
- Looking for a hotel room for ALA Midwinter? - WE G...
- Wind and Shadow by Tori L. Ridgewood: Excerpt and ...
- Monsters by Ilsa J Bick: Review and Giveaway!
- Second 15 Book Giveaway! (INT)
- Spooktacular Hop Giveaway!
- Fired Up by Mary Connealy
- Sweet September by Kathleen Bauer
- Fierce Reads Giveaway!
- Reread Divergent!
- Bronze Book Blast!
- Evernight Publishing Birthday Bash and Giveaway!
- ▼ October (16)
- ► 2012 (816)