Search This Blog

Sweet September by Kathleen Bauer

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Harvest at Heather Creek Farm is an exciting time, but the children don't seem to be getting into the spirit. Charolette sets out to uncover the truth. The family learns about the love that binds them together.

Goodreads Summary

This is a really cute series and a good reads for the Fall.  It's always difficult to lose a close relative, but it's even harder to lose a mother.  The children are adjusting slowly to living with their grandparents and getting used to farm life.  I really liked the family dynamic.  I thought that the author(s) captured the concept very well even in a difficult situation.  I felt horrible that the children lost their mother, but really loved that their grandparents so clearly cared for them.  Even though they didn't all immediately come together as a close family, I could tell that they all would eventually.  A mystery helps pull the threads of the family together.  The storyline was very sweet and I got to know each of the characters on a personal level.  

I really think that this book would be perfect for a rainy car ride or commute.  The ending is heartwarming and the characters are well developed.  This book is recommended to adult readers.

4 Stars

This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.

4 comments:

  1. Ashfa said...:

    The first thing to really catch yo attention in this book is the cover- it's so pretty!! Adding to to my TBR list.

  1. This book looks cool, I would like to read the entire series. I love my paranormal, horror and historical but sometimes I just want something down home and wholesome to read :)

  1. I can't imagine having to grow through that. Although having such loving grandparents and a farm to help you deal with the loss sounds like a good deal. I totally agree with Erika. I love my paranormal, sci-fi, horror stuff. But every now and then I need a book like this(:

  1. Berenice said...:

    I like this cover a lot. I've never heard of this series before but, I liked your review. I'll be doing some research on it. Thank you! =)