Loving Lady Marcia by Kieran Kramer
Posted by Krystal Larson at 11:22 PM Wednesday, August 29, 2012
LOVING LADY MARCIA Kieran Kramer In the House of Brady, three very lovely girls have hair of gold—and hearts to match—but finding a match among the gentlemen of London is one comedy of errors that could bring down the house… MARCIA GETS SCHOOLED…Of the three Brady sisters, Lady Marcia has always seemed the girl most likely to lead a perfectly charmed life. But after a handsome cad breaks her heart, she swears off love and devotes her life to teaching girls at a private school. In spite of her family’s wish for a London debut, Marcia is happy where she is—until terrible news sends her back to the Brady clan…and into the arms of an unexpected suitor. ON THE SUBJECT OF LOVE A dark and dashing earl who knows Marcia’s past, Duncan Lattimore is surprised by what a fascinating and independent woman she’s become. Marcia, too, is surprised—by the fiery attraction she feels for Duncan. But why—why—must he be the brother of the scoundrel who broke her heart? Why must Marcia’s rival at school forbid her from seeing him? How can this lady possibly resist this fellow—when they know that it’s much more than a hunch…? “A delicious romp that will keep you laughing.”—Sabrina Jeffries (on Kieran Kramer’s Impossible Bachelor series)
In early 19th century London, the Irish Marquess of Brady married the widowed mother of golden-haired Marcia, Janice, and Cynthia. With the Marquess’ Gregory, Peter, and Robert, the eight Bradys form a close-knit family. Their estate called Ballybrook across the Irish Sea is maintained by Alice, their housekeeper, and Tiger, the family pet. As the oldest girl, Marcia would have been expected to enter the London social scene as one of the foremost debutantes in her season. Instead, Marcia has chosen to remain at her boarding school where she becomes headmistress. She loves the school and all the girls who study there. However, her primary reason for avoiding the marriage market is an unfortunate, brief love affair at age sixteen. Now, she finds herself fighting to keep her position at the school, facing the handsome cad who “ruined” her, and being courted by the cad’s brother. Duncan Latimore, who always feels he must right his brother’s wrongs, wants to court Marcia; not so much to correct the past…but because he finds her caring nature, beauty, and independent attitude fascinating.
I like the Brady Bunch – the ones who wore bellbottoms and – now- the ones who wear stunning bonnets straight from Paris. The situations and dialogue between the sisters, brothers, mom, and dad are loving and comedic. Just like Marcia in the TV show, London Marcia could drive me crazy with her over-enthusiasm. Then later, she always has to deal with the consequences. Reading the early story, I wanted to shout at her to be less starry eyed about the “cad”. I enjoyed reading the gossipy, well-meant comments of Dr. Trimp. Duncan’s attempts to improve his brother’s character hark back to the Brady family loyalty, but I was so relieved when he finally considers that Finn’s character might be beyond redemption. The play between little Joe and the Duke of Beauchamp is fun to read. If I had a problem with the story, it is the idea of Marcia sneaking into the garden shed to fool around…not just kisses. For me, my difficulty with the story is separating California Marcia from London Marcia in the romance department. I doubt this will trouble readers who’ve never seen many episodes of the TV show.
Three and a Half Stars
*Reviewed by Colleen*
Find this book:
Barnes and Noble
Author Site: http://kierankramerbooks.com/
Street Team: http://regencyrockstars.com
Group blog of writer moms: http://peanutbutteronthekeyboard.wordpress.com
Free Droid app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.onseeker.kierankramer
Follow the tour at Romancing Rakes!
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (371)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- Loving Lady Marcia by Kieran Kramer
- What Happens Next by Colleen Clayton: Review, Inte...
- Sugar Walls Book Blurb Blitz Tour!
- Painted Blind by Michelle Hansen
- Betrayed by Ednah Walters
- The Stranger's Magic: The Labyrinths of Echo, Book...
- Raven's Blood by Deborah Cannon
- The Lure of Shapinsay by Krista Holle
- Read the first chapter of Hidden by PC Cast and Kr...
- Deep In The Wave: A Surfing Guide to the Soul by B...
- Aftermath: Growing in Grace through Grief by Marg...
- Back To School Book Clean-Up Giveaway!
- Outpost by Ann Aguirre
- Over The Edge by Mary Connealy
- And When She Was Good by Laura Lippman
- Vestige by Deb Hanrahan
- The Unnaturalists by Tiffany Trent
- The Stars Shine Bright by Sibella Giorello
- Tidewater Inn (Hope Beach, #1) by Colleen Coble
- Last Days of Freedom Giveaway Hop!
- Shards of History Guest Post!
- When A Woman You Love Was Abused: A Husband's Guid...
- The Reckoning: Book Two of the Taker Trilogy by Al...
- Sparkle by Denene Millner
- Drain You by M. Beth Bloom
- Cradle My Heart: Finding God’s Love after Abortion...
- Loving Lady Marcia: First Chapter and Giveaway (at...
- Crimson Footprints Bookblast and Giveaway!
- Treasures of Healthy Living by Annette Reeder, Dr....
- Mrs. Tuesday's Book Blast Giveaway!
- Over You by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus
- Everlasting Love Guest Post and Giveaway!
- Shades of the Future Guest Post and Giveaway!
- Never Trust a Pretty Wolf Giveaway and Guest Post!...
- Marshals of Journey Creek Guest Post and Giveaway ...
- Check out the trailer for The Empty City!!
- Interview with Author Amy Kathleen Ryan!
- Nightfall: Guestpost and Giveaway!
- Midnight in Austenland By Shannon Hale
- Sweet Shadows by Tera Lynn Childs
- The Boy Recession by Flynn Meaney
- Gallagher's Hope Guest Post & Giveaway!
- Mind Secrets by Chris Reynolds
- Sykosa by Justin Ordoñez
- The Light of Asteria by Elizabeth Isaacs: Review a...
- Fingerprints Of You by Kristen-Paige Madonia
- Blood Moon by Alyxandra Harvey
- Send by Patty Blount
- ▼ August (49)