Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins Author or This or That!
Posted by Krystal Larson at 9:43 AM Wednesday, April 25, 2012
1)Hamburger or Cheeseburger
2)Mountains or Beaches
This one’s hard…I LOVE both, but I’llgo with beaches.
3)Vanilla or Chocolate (there *is* a right answer to this one)
Chocolate. Did I get it right?!
4)Standalones or Sequels
*sighs* Sequels…although I detestcliffhangers. Then again, there’s something very satisfying about a standalone…probablythe lack of a cliffhanger.
5)Winter or Summer
6)Telekinesis or Teleportation
7)See, smell, touch, taste, or hear
In order for me: touch, see, smell,hear, taste
8)hand or leg
9)TV or Computer
Computer all the way!
10)red, blue, green, purple, orange, yellow, white, or black
What if there were teens whose lives depended on being bad influences? This is life for sons and daughters of fallen angels in Sweet Evil.
Tenderhearted Southern girl, Anna Whitt, was born with the sixth sense to see and feel emotions of other people. She’s aware of a struggle within herself, an inexplicable pull toward danger, but it isn’t until she turns sixteen and meets the alluring Kaidan Rowe that she discovers her terrifying heritage, and her will-power is put to the test. He’s the boy your daddy warned you about. If only someone had warned Anna.
A cross-country trip to meet her father forces Anna to face the reality that hope and love are not options for her kind. When she confronts her destiny, will Anna embrace her halo or her horns?
This book has a fresh, different look on the Nephilim, one that is heavily detailed in the novel. The reader will meet Anna, the main character, right away. Anna doesn't know who her father is, she is cared for by Patti, her stand-in mother. The prologue will draw the reader in right away and begin the mystery behind Anna's birth. The last statement will have the reader wondering and be explained perfectly later in the book. Although Anna's life has been relatively normal thus far, she has to be ready for change....according to a few, her destiny demands it.
Meeting hot, charismatic boys with weird ulterior purposes happens all the time, right? Not really, but when Anna meets Kai her story takes off. The reader may be taken with Kai at first, but as he/she sinks further into the story, Anna's choice is not so clear. Kai can be impulsive, protective, rude, and angry. He isn't the ideal boyfriend, but he knows what Anna is experiencing. Anna was by far my favorite character. Through this book she is brave, determined, and kind. The reader can easily relate to and like her. Her choices in the book are admirable; she has a couple of faults, the reader may want to shake her once or twice, but those faults serve to make her character more believable. The other characters, particularly the other Nephilim, are fun to get to know. They will probably take the reader by surprise, their personalities are not the "norm."
If you are a reader looking for romance, mystery, intrigue, action, and fantasy, pick up this book! Days after reading this one, I found myself remembering Anna and the surprising ending. The author writes the scenes so that they flow perfectly. With a fairly complicated, ever-changing plot, the reader could get confused, but the author provides more than enough detail to prevent this from happening. This book is highly recommended to young adult/teen readers.
Find this book:
Barnes and Noble
The Book Depository
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (371)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- Stepping Out of my Comfort Zone for Research Guest...
- Mother's Day Giveaway Event!!!
- Spring Fling Giveaway Hop!
- My Jewelry Box Giveaway!
- On Board with Tess Davies: Guest Post by Claudia G...
- Excerpt from Enchanted by Alethea Kontis Read by t...
- Fairy Tale Giveaway Hop!
- Dark Days Wrap-Up and Giveaway!
- Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins Author or This or Tha...
- Pretty Crooked by Elisa Ludwig and Giveaway!
- Pretty Crooked Book Blast!
- Supergirl Mixtapes by Meagan Brothers
- Storm by Brigid Kemmerer
- The Caves of Etretat by Matt Chatelain *Leave a co...
- Guest Post by Author Jess C Scott
- Excerpt of Playing the Genetic Lottery by Terri M...
- Pretty Crooked by Elisa Ludwig Book Blast and Give...
- The Hunt by Andrew Fukuda Review and Guest Post!
- Romancing Memories by John Zunski
- Until Tuesday: A Wounded Warrior and the Golden Re...
- Blogger Event Sign-Ups!!!
- The House of Women by Anne Brear: Free Kindle Eboo...
- Avon Impulse Call For Submissions!
- Meg Cabot Read-Along Coming Up!
- RT Giveaway (6 Winners)!
- Showers of Books Giveaway!
- Don't Forget the Dark Days Giveaway (3 books USA w...
- Breaking Beautiful by Jennifer Shaw Wolf
- BEA 2012
- RT Contest: Get More Entries!
- The Gates by Rachael Wade
- Taylor Mali's "You Know" Poem
- Free Kindle Ebook!
- Kersten Kelly Spotlight and Guest Post
- Cover Reveal and Excerpt!
- The Inspiration for Charlie: A Love Story
- Best Staged Plans by Claire Cook
- Daughters For a Time by Jennifer Handford
- The Shifters of 2040 Free on Amazon!
- Amaranth Free on Amazon!
- Seven Point Eight Free In Kindle Store!
- Dyson Housewarming Giveaway Sign-Ups!
- Iron King by Julie Kagawa
- Shop 4 Used Cars
- Fat Is the New 30: The Sweet Potato Queens' Guide ...
- Riley Mack and the Other Known Troublemakers by Ch...
- Are You Ready For Dark Days?
- Enter the awesome $200 Rainy Day Facebook Frenzy!
- Baroness by Susan May Warren
- Autism Awareness Giveaway Hop! (USA/CAN)
- The Big Fun Sexy Sex Book Excerpt/Video and Giveaw...
- Send Me To BEA :D!
- Favorite Character(s) by P.I. Barrington
- Explorer X Beta by LM Preston
- Taken At Dusk by C.C. Hunter
- The Wedding Dress by Rachel Hauck
- The House of Order by John Paul Jaramillo and Give...
- Excerpt of The Proposal by Mary Balogh!
- The Number (Zincian Legend #2) by Sheenah Freitas
- What are the mistakes you see in beginner writers?...
- The Sword of Senack by EC Stilson
- Don't Miss Out!
- Book Wedge Review and Giveaway!
- THAT Dream Wedding Contest!
- Eternus by Kimberli Reynolds
- Castle in The Air – Sequel to Howl’s Moving Castle...
- Paris In Love!
- Vote for Me :D!
- River's Call by Melody Carlson
- Titanic 2012 by Bill Walker
- Heaven In Her Arms by Catherine Hickem
- Song of My Heart By: Kim Vogel Sawyer
- The Rose of Winslow Street by Elizabeth Camden
- The Calling by Kelley Armstrong
- Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin #1) by R.L. LaFever...
- Sykosa Excerpt!
- Turning Guilt Trips into Joy Ridesb y Shirley Bros...
- By the Light of the Silvery Moon By: Tricia Goyer
- Dreamsleeves by Coleen Murtagh Paratore
- The Last Echo by Kimberly Derting
- Magic Under Stone by Jaclyn Dolamore
- Return to Eden by G.P. Ching Review and Giveaway!
- The Last Romanov by Dora Levy Mossanen
- The Springsweet by Saundra Mitchell
- Glimmer by Phoebe Kitanidis
- The Money Saving Mom's Budget Tour!
- ▼ April (88)